Party Hunt Privacy P0licy
Effective date: April 3rd, 2021
Masquerade Technologies Private Limited (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Party Hunt mobile application (hereinafter referred to as the “Application”).
Company endeavors to collect, process and treat the Personal Information of its users in compliance with the provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Information Technology (Reasonable Security and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 (“Data Protection Laws”).
Application is the Party Hunt mobile application operated by Masquerade Technologies Private Limited available on Android and iOS.
means data about or relating to a natural person who is directly or indirectly identifiable, having regard to any characteristic, trait, attribute or any other feature of the identity of a such natural person, whether online or offline, or any combination of such features with any other information, and shall include any inference drawn from such data for the purpose of profiling;
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Application or from the Application infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Consent of the data subject/you/user
any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her;
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information is, or is to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Application Providers)
Data Processor (or Application Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Application Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Application and is the subject of Personal Data.
Third Party means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data;
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Application to you. Our collection and use of data and information provided to you depend on your usage of our Application and how you manage your privacy controls.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
When you access the Application with a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data (“Usage Data”).
The Company also automatically receives and records information on Company’s web server logs from the user’s device including the Internet Protocol (IP) address. The Company records IP addresses for anonymous statistical purposes, administration of this Application and associated servers, and to improve Company’s services.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Application, and to improve and customise our Application.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Application at any time by way of your device settings. However, upon disabling location services, you acknowledge that the Application will not be able to give you suggestions and results based on your location and you may not receive the optimum services from the Application.
Your location data is accessed using GPS/IP Address and is cross-referenced with Google Maps to provide you services through our Application.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Application.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Application.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Application.
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Masquerade Technologies Private Limited uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide, maintain and better our Application
- To notify you about changes to our Application
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Application when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Application
- To monitor the usage of our Application
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- When any Personal Information is provided by you to the Company in the course of your access to the Application including but not limited to creating the account on the Application, such Personal Information is used by the Company in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Use. The Company may also use your Personal Information to operate, develop and provide you with the best possible services.
- The Company will not disclose your Personal Information unless the Company has received your permission or the Company is required to disclose such Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and lawful requests by any governmental authorities.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Masquerade Technologies Private Limited may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you; and/or
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights; and/or
- For payment processing purposes; and/or
- To comply with the law; and/or
Retention of Data
Masquerade Technologies Private Limited will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Application, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside India and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to India and process it there.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Masquerade Technologies Private Limited may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Masquerade Technologies Private Limited may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Masquerade Technologies Private Limited
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Application
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Application or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The Company takes all reasonable steps to comply with the applicable laws to ensure that the Personal Information provided by you is stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorized access, modification, destruction or disclosure. To protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or modification and against unauthorized disclosure or access, the Company has implemented various security practices that are updated and audited on a regular basis in accordance with the applicable laws. The Company’s servers and workstations are protected by antivirus software which is updated from time to time to minimize the threats of any virus, malware or trojan attacks and are located in secure data facilities (with limited access) to further increase security.
While the Company strives to protect your Personal Information at all times, the Company cannot guarantee its absolute security and shall not be liable for any breach of security by an outside party. It is also important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your user name and password for your account and to your computer/electronic device. Be sure to sign off from your account on the Application in case you access your account from a shared computer/electronic device.
If in case you reveal your password to a third party and then they access the Application, they will be deemed to be acting as an agent for you. The Company will not be held responsible for any action taken by any third party to whom you have disclosed your password. If you believe a third party has become aware of your login details and is using your account without obtaining authorization from you, then you are requested to reset your password immediately and notify us and we will close your account at our discretion.
The Company would also like to caution its users about phishing attacks, wherein unscrupulous third parties seek to extract sensitive and confidential information from you by posing as a genuine website or by sending an e-mail misrepresenting it to be from a genuine source. Please be careful while dealing with and/or responding to such e-mails. If you receive such a message claiming to be from the Company, then please do not reply to it and immediately bring it to our attention by contacting the Grievance Officer.
The Company does not sell, rent, loan, trade, lease or license any Personal Information collected from or provided by you.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Masquerade Technologies Private Limited aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when Masquerade Technologies Private Limited relied on your consent to process your personal information. However, you may witness a difference in services provided to you on our Application in case you wish to withdraw consent to share your data with us.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Application (“Application Providers”), provide the Application on our behalf, perform Application-related services or assist us in analysing how our Application is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Application Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Firebase & Google Maps – Firebase is an analytics Application provided by Google Inc.
We also encourage you to review Google’s policy for safeguarding your data:
For more information on what type of information Firebase collects, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Google Maps is a service provided by Google Inc. that allows us to map your location and to provide you coordinates for the events promoted on the Application and rank the events according to distance using its service.
Razorpay is a payment gateway application for online payments provided by Razorpay Software Pvt. Ltd.
We also encourage you to review Razorpay’s policy for safeguarding your data, for which you can visit – https://policies.google.com/privacy
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
- Apple Store In-App Payments
- Google Play In-App Payments
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Application does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- Name: Rachit Rawat
- Address: Masquerade Technologies Pvt. Ltd., 18, New Vivekanand Colony University Road, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh – 474002